An elegant Neo-Classical palace surrounded by beautiful gardens
Built in the last quarter of the 18th Century by Daniel Gildemeester, at the time Dutch Consul in Portugal, this palace was given its present form after the enlargement works carried out in first years of the 19th Century, when it belonged to Dom Diogo José Vito de Meneses Noronha Coutinho, 5th Marquis of Marialva and Royal Chamberlain.
This aristocrat was responsible for building the east wing and the majestic triumphal arch surmounted by the Royal coat-of-arms and a medallion with the effigies of King John VI (1767-1826), at the time still Prince Regent, and his wife Carlota Joaquina of Spain to commemorate their visit to the Palace in 1802.
The Portuguese State acquired the Palace in 1946.
In 1954, while preserving its original features, it has been converted into a luxury hotel .
Coordinates: 38.7959717; -9.3984497
1.5 km from Sintra National Palace (Sintra's historical centre)
Every 25 minutes, from 09:40 until 18:15
Sintra Train Station > Historic City Centre, Tourist Office, Sintra National Palace > Regaleira Palace > Seteais Palace > Monserrate Palace > Seteais Palace > Regaleira Palace > Historic City Centre, Sintra National Palace > Sintra Train Station